Professional Safety Services (UK) Ltd is committed to creating a culture in which Equal Opportunity and Diversity are promoted actively and in which unlawful discrimination is not tolerated. Professional Safety Services (UK) Ltd recognizes the real business benefits of having a diverse community of staff and to this end, is working towards building and maintaining an environment which values diversity.
Professional Safety Services (UK) Ltd believes in the principles of social justice, acknowledges that discrimination affects people in complex ways and is committed to challenge all forms of inequality. To this end, Professional Safety Services (UK) Ltd will aim to ensure that:
- individuals are treated fairly, with dignity and respect regardless of their age, marital status, disability, race, faith, gender, language, social/ economical background or being lesbian or gay and any other inappropriate distinction;
- it promotes an inclusive and supportive environment for staff;
Aims of the Policy and underpinning principles
The aim of this policy is to ensure that in carrying out its activities Professional Safety Services (UK) Ltd will have due regard to:
- promoting equality of opportunity, across all the areas of the organisation
- promoting good relations between people of a diverse background
- eliminating unlawful discrimination
This policy is guided by the following principles, that:
- all staff, should enjoy a safe environment free from discrimination and harassment/bullying
- all employees should have equal access to quality services that are made available by Professional Safety Services (UK) Ltd
- all staff should have equal access to opportunities for personal, professional or academic development and career, progression and promotion opportunities wherever possible.
Equal Opportunity and Diversity – Breach of the Policy
Professional Safety Services (UK) Ltd will take seriously any instances of non-adherence to the Equality and Diversity policy by staff. Any instances of non-adherence will be investigated and where appropriate will be considered under the relevant disciplinary policy.