Professional Safety Services UK Ltd recognises that we live in a society where discrimination still operates to the disadvantage of many groups in society. We believe that all persons should have equal rights to recognition of their human dignity, and to have equal opportunities to be educated, to work, receive services and to participate in society.
We are committed to the promotion of equal opportunities, through the way we manage the organisation and provide services to the community. In order to express this commitment, we develop, promote and maintain policies that will be conducive to the principles of fairness, inclusion and equality in the workplace.
The objective of this policy is that no person should suffer or experience less favourable treatment, discrimination or lack of opportunities on the grounds of gender, race, ethnic origin, disability, age, nationality, national origin, sexuality, religion or belief, marital status and social class.
The Managing Directors of the business will implement and monitor this policy. In order to implement this policy, we shall:
- Communicate the policy to employees, job applicants and relevant others.
- Incorporate specific and appropriate duties in respect of implementing the equal opportunities policy into role descriptions.
- Ensure that those who are involved in assessing candidates for recruitment or promotion will be trained in non-discriminatory selection techniques.
- Incorporate equal opportunity notices into general communications practices.
- Ensure that adequate resources are made available to fulfil the objectives of the policy. Conduct and general standards of behaviour all employees are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and considerate manner at all times.